Admission Policy for Prairie Seeds Academy
Adopted by Prairie Seeds Academy Board of Education: September 28, 2007
The purpose of this policy is to define the parameters that Prairie Seeds Academy use in admitting students to our school.
General Statement Of Policy
A. It is the policy of the Prairie Seeds Academy board to comply with current state and federal statutes and regulations and in recognition of its obligation to provide equal educational opportunity for all persons within its jurisdiction, affirms that it will not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, creed, national origin, status in regard to public assistance, marital status, parental status, age, sexual orientation, or disability in the following areas:
- Access to course offerings
- Curriculum materials
- Counseling practices
- Extracurricular activities, or
- Use of school facilities
B. Prairie Seeds Academy will give admission preference to:
- Children that are enrolled in the Academy for the entire last quarter of the current year.
- Children of families with students presently attending Prairie Seeds Academy.
- As established by the annual “Enrollment Policy and Procedures” document
- On a first-come-first-served basis until the established class size is met.
- If the maximum number of student set is reached after the open enrollment period, students will be placed on a numbered waiting list based on the postmark date or when the application was delivered, and
- All students must be five (5) years of age by September 1st of any school year or have passed early entrance assessment of the school.
A. All Prairie Seeds Academy employees will assist all applicants and their families or legal guardians without discrimination.
B. The Director or designee shall review all applications, ask for additional information if it is needed and assist in the enrollment process.
C. Because Prairie Seeds Academy is a free, choice public school, all applications as allowed by Minnesota Statute will be enrolled as outlined in the Enrollment Policy and Procedures document.