PSA’s Mission Statement
Prairie Seeds Academy, in cooperation with families and community, provides leadership in rigorous education to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring citizens who help create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
IB Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
To this end the International Baccalaureate organization works with schools like PSA, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment.
These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
The International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme
IB MYP is an international education for students ages 11-16 (grades 6-10). It is founded on the key principles of intercultural awareness, communication and holistic learning.
The benefits of the IB Middle Years Programme at Prairie Seeds Academy:
- A variety of subject areas provide a well-rounded education
- Highly qualified and trained staff design and implement curriculum
- Students build skills for life-long learning and success
- Self-exploration and skill development continues with the Personal Project
- Character education is founded on the Learner Profile traits
- The Areas of Interaction provide opportunities for broadened perspectives
- Service to the community helps develop responsible, global citizens