Hear the call to be Honorable, Open-minded, Willing, Leaders!
We have combined our school motto with the IB Learner Profile traits to create behavior expectations and a distinctive PSA foundation for character development.
- Principled learners act honestly and fairly. They respect others and take responsibility for their actions.
- Caring learners show understanding, compassion, and respect. They have a commitment to service and act to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Open-minded learners appreciate their own cultures and personal histories as well as the values and traditions of others. They consider a variety of perspectives and are willing to grow from the experience.
- Reflective learners consider their own ideas and experiences. They work to understand their strengths and weaknesses to support their learning and personal development.
- Risk-takers approach uncertain situations with thought and determination. They explore new ideas and strategies. They are resourceful and persistent in the face of challenges and change.
- Inquirers are curious and develop skills for inquiry and research. They learn independently and with others. They have a love for learning.
- Balanced learners understand the importance of balancing different aspects of their life-intellectual, physical and emotional– to achieve well-being.
- Communicators express themselves confidently and creatively in more than one language and in a variety of modes of communication. We work effectively with others in collaboration.
- Knowledgeable learners use conceptual understanding and explore knowledge across subject areas. They study issues that are important locally and globally.
- Thinkers use critical and creative thinking skills to analyze complex problems and take responsible action. They make logical and fair decisions.